Google
 

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Debt Collectors Fight Back Dirty

Okay, I took a while off to spend time with my family over the holidays, but I'm back in full force.

Before I continue with my story, I wanted to let everyone know about a serious miscarriage of justice that an online acquaintance of mine has run into.

Paul has been attacked for years from collectors and has now armed himself with the wits to battle violators of federal and state debt collection laws. His most recent opponent, Accounts Recovery International, has apparently violated debt collection laws on more than a few occasions. After being personally served with his intent to file a lawsuit against them, they decided to retaliate and file harassment charges against him and have him arrested. You can read his story here at http://aribwk.blogspot.com/.

What I want to know is how a consumer who fights back within the boundaries of the law can be construed as a harasser. What message is then sent to consumer who choose to fight back? I'm rooting for you Paul!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner